Header Ads

the chronicle: AJEGUNLE.ORG



AJEGUNLE.ORG                                                                 THE CHRONICLE
I was determined despite the persistent rain showers, I was going to do this; I’ve gathered information and needed no more to convince myself of how much I needed to be part of the ajegunle.org project. I Got the form to participate at (Paradigm Initiative Nigeria) PIN’s office and what I saw, the facility setup… I thought, this was about too good to be free, but it wasn’t just me my friends who came as company all thought likewise.
Already saw myself doing this despite I had to go through an interview, and if there’s one thing I believe it’s the fact that I’m the best without thinking less of someone else. So it was the day for interview, I prepared my mind upon being smartly dressed and while waiting to be called upon a few minutes with some other young people I was convinced there was more to Ajegunle than meets the eye. I was inspired listening to these people talk some who I now work with and friends with. That was the beginning of a new life for me, if I scaled through the interview I would be trained to effectively use the Microsoft productivity tools and amidst life skills and entrepreneurship classes. And of course I was chosen.
Four weeks of I.T training started with a boost every morning with words of wisdom, inspiration, and motivation with TOSIN ABOLAJI (Program Assistant) and everyday these words were like bricks building me up and reminding me of the more reason I had to work toward not just my goals but toward adding the little extra to achieve the extraordinary. Writing this I could picture every time I had to sit and hear him talk; with such passion and commitment hmm…
Although I wasn’t such a novice with computers, I never went to a computer school or was ever taught in school, I just found myself with working with ease anytime I came across one. But it was an awesome four weeks experience during the I.T sessions of the training, for someone who loves to learn news stuffs I found myself loving every day I was to attend class. OLAYINKA TAIWO (ms-word facilitator) went in-depth with the package and I was surprised what I could do from the day one; like I never used it before. But for someone like EMMANUEL NJOKU (excel facilitator) around, I wonder why people describe it as hard, in fact I find it interesting with so much unique functions.
FAVOUR DAKORU (power point presentation) KALU (Corel draw) these guys are good with what they do. I can make wonderful presentations in my several meetings without having to stress myself going over notes and wondering if the audience gets the point, and though am not into graphics/design but I tell and apply what is needed to get my work done after all.
It was four weeks already gone, entrepreneurship/life skill class started. Truly it was tasking not because we had to do assignments but we now had to use our heads, and for me I discovered I had so much more to do, I had goals to set, and working toward them was something else. I saw life from reality; I believed I had been dreaming. Meeting and hearing peoples story alone could have done the magic but there was more to it. The thought of being an entrepreneur came fourth more. I just had to be successful. And it started.
And my appreciation still goes to GARRICK BASSEY, RONALD NZIMORA, AKACHUKWU OKAFOR, FLORENCE UDU, TAIWO OLAYINKA, TOPE OGUNDIPE, TOSIN ABOLAJI and all who gave their time to make the entrepreneurship class session a wonderful one… I enjoyed it all but the entrepreneurship/life skill session was the best part for me.
I knew after all I went through I couldn’t go out as the same guy that come in, and on that last day the man behind this initiative GBENGA SESAN (Paradigm Initiative Nigeria) spoke to me and my colleagues not for so long but it was enough to crown my decisions. My mind had changed, and so was my associations too, life started for me after AJEGUNLE.ORG and it’s the start of my success story.
And to GBENGA SESAN, I say a very big THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

What are your thoughts? Your comments are welcome

John Maduforo. Powered by Blogger.